Toronto: AmberMac Needs Your Help To Win Money For Charity. Just Come Out & Let Her & ING DIRECT Buy You Stuff!
This afternoon I saw the tweet (above) from the well known Amber “AmberMac” MacArthur (@AmberMac on Twitter). Seems tomorrow Amber will be representing the Toronto part of a contest being run by ING DIRECT Canada. She will be competing against 3 other celebrities in 3 other Canadian cities as a promotion for THRiVE Chequing. The competition? A SPENDING SPREE!!!
The way it works is like this, “[f]or each THRiVEtastic contestant, DIRECT will donate $15,000 to the charity of their choice.” Each celebrity is tasked with spending $7,000 within 7 hours as fast as they can following 10 rules (listed below). Doing this will win an additional $15,000 for their choice of charity.
HOWEVER, there’s one further catch – the celebs can spend the money on anyone EXCEPT themselves.
Amber has chosen as her charity of choice The Therapeutic Clown Program at The Hospital For Sick Children (aka SickKids) in Toronto. This charity is so important for obvious reasons but for me it is all the more important. See, when I was born I had a heart condition called Pulmonary Valve Stenosis which required open heart surgery at, you guessed it, SickKids when I was only 3 months old. That makes this charity Amber has chosen especially near and dear to my own heart (literally and figuratively!) Therefore, I’ll be there just doing my part for charity, the free stuff has NOTHING to do wIth My Life trajectorY brINGing me there at that time. 😉
So if you’re around Yonge-Dundas Square at 1pm in Toronto tomorrow come out and help Amber win some money for SickKids from the generous folks over at ING DIRECT Canada. There’s massive fringe benefits for you too as you might be one of the lucky recipients of one of the FREE MONEY transfers or FREE GADGETS.
You can also follow the tweets with this hashtag #THRIVEtastic, check out the ING Direct Canada’s Facebook page about the contest here, and check out ING DIRECT Canada’s Twitter account @SuperStarSaver.
- Spend $7,000 on everyone BUT themselves – as fast as they can.
- Can’t spend more than $700 at a time.
- Can call 3 friends for spending advice.
- Must purchase 3 orange things.
- Must visit an Exchange® Network ABM* (max. $700).
- Must make an email money transfer.
- Must make 3 donations in person.
- Must field 3 Tweets and 3 Facebook requests (#THRiVEtastic or Facebook/SuperStarSaver).
- Must visit an ING DIRECT Café and pay one person’s utility bill (max. $250).
- Must write at least 1 cheque from your THRiVE Chequing Account.