Why Join The Navy If You Can Be An Ice Cream Eating Pirate With @MariposaCruises?
OK, the original line is really – “Why join the Navy when you can be a pirate?” and in researching it via a quick Google search (note my “lack of laziness“) I found out that supposedly Steve Jobs said it probably in reference to the people who pirate music and video online. I got the quote from a Mexx t-shirt I plan on wearing tomorrow as it seems very fitting for my activity in the afternoon. What am I doing in the afternoon tomorrow? Well, tomorrow I have been invited by the kind folks over at Mariposa Cruises (Facebook, Twitter) for what they call an “Ice Cream Social”. The Ice Cream Social is a special new kind of harbor cruise that Mariposa is launching tomorrow for the first time. Guests (including yours truly) will be taken on an “enhanced tour that provides a nostalgic and historical view of Toronto’s harbor” and they say will awaken my inner-child…but wait! Who said I ever grew up? (Yes, I proudly admit to a tad bit of Peter Pan Syndrome, haha.)
But what about the ice cream? Well, along with the cruise of the Toronto’s harbor we will be getting a rich and creamy scoop of locally sourced dairy fresh ice cream with our choice of delectable sounding toppings…see below for the flyer they sent me and all the details.
We will be sailing on the glorious Mariposa Belle out of their pier? dock? port? at 207 Queens Quay West, at the foot of York St. in Toronto. I don’t know if there will be a hashtag for tomorrow’s cruise but I will endeavor to put a bunch of pictures up via my own Twitter account – @TheDanLevy – and I am going to tentatively give it my own hashtag #ImOnABoatTO. (The other one I came up with is #IceCreamSocialTO.)
This sounds like a lot of fun doesn’t it? I have heard the weather isn’t supposed to be the most amazing tomorrow but I am hoping we manage to get some sun during our 90 minute cruise. I am also really excited because I have never actually been on a tour or a cruise of the Toronto Harbor. I have crossed it a number of times en route to Centre Island when I was a kid but it was more of a getting from Point A to Point B than it was “cruising” or “touring” the harbor. Also, they promised ice cream which just about makes everything better. Ice cream is totally holds the second spot on my list of awesome junk food that I can sort of claim is healthy, it is only beat out by popcorn. Yes, I know neither of them are really very healthy but they totally both have more nutritional value than a chocolate bar or a bag of chips. Don’t judge me!
I’ll let you all know how it was for sure via Twitter and probably in this space tomorrow. Maybe it will be time for my first vlog (video blog)? Who knows!
On another note and in the interests of complete honesty I want to level with you guys. I am wondering what your opinions are on whether this should be considered a “sponsored blog post”? Mariposa Cruises invited me and has not asked me for anything in return and I felt I should give them a shout-out on the blog for the hook up. They haven’t asked me to write anything or create a Twitter hashtag for tomorrow, I have done that of my own accord. Obviously, they knew I was 99.9% going to be tweeting about it because I tweet about damn near everything. Further, I am in the midst of a the whole Post-A-Day thing and sometimes I don’t feel like writing whole long involved and intelligent posts preferring to talk about fun stuff going on in our city of Toronto. Am I rationalizing? Either way I am glad I got it off my chest so you guys know I am being completely real and honest with you as always.
Have a great weekend!
Previously On LNN…
- RT @weeddude: ! JOB ! — Looking to hire a smart and open-minded news junkie for my team to manage outward-facing curation projects https://… 5 hours ago
- How Instagram Is Changing Travel on.natgeo.com/2pdI2hJ Love how @NatGeoTravel shows the staged pics & then the reality of the locations!😆 17 hours ago
- The St Regis Bal Harbour Resort's lobby is truly something else! Phone 🔋 was drained & my buddy wanted to go to sl…… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- St Regis #BalHarbour, #Miami's lobby is truly spectacular! Phone🔋 was drained & my buddy wanted to go to sleep but…… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- RT @stats_canada: 99% of Leafs fans blame Justin Bieber 20 hours ago
- RT @h_farb: Really proud of our team. They fought hard & have come so far! Great respect for an incredible series played #tmltalk #maplelea… 20 hours ago
- The Capitals are only 1 goal away from next Round…But the Leafs are only 2 goals away from #StanleyCup Playoffs Rd 2! #GoLeafsGo! #TMLtalk 1 day ago
The Cloud Of Tags