“Made To Share.” That’s Great! Where’s The Mention Of Sites We Should Be Sharing On?
I am sure most Canadians who are reading this blog recognize the logo above. I have taken the actual brand name out but I am aware that most of you will recognize the brand that made these commercials.
The brand name, however, is the only thing I have taken out of this screen shot. As I discussed in my previous post on removing barriers to engagement I have to wonder how it hasn’t occurred to this brand to include some links or information to their social media presences or even their website. Nothing, nada, not a word written. The campaign is called “Made to SHARE” for crying out loud! How has no one suggested to this brand that they actually make things sharable!
Before I go on let me make clear that, yes, I understand the campaign’s point is to encourage people to share the product amongst their friends but the word share has taken on a whole new meaning. As well, the actual ad that prompted this post was based around the idea of a picture of a guy being shared around by his family and friends on different mediums (phones, tablets, and computers) so it is obviously being done via some sort of online sharing even if it is only being done via email (unlikely as that is in this day and age).
This kind of makes me want to bang my head on the wall over and over and I am not an advertising professional. Maybe there is something here I am missing something that is obvious to anyone actually in the business but to me it seems like a massive miss. Not only isn’t any information listed on the advertising spot as shown above, they don’t have a YouTube channel where they can put up for ready access all their “Made to share” advertising spots so people can….wait for it….SHARE THEM!
Why? Please. Tell. Me. Why. It makes absolutely zero sense to me that they wouldn’t be attempting to convert this campaign by encouraging it go viral. Seems like a pretty obvious move to me but, again, maybe I am missing something.
Previously On LNN…
- FBI Director James Comey Admits Under Oath That He Hates The New England Patriots foxs.pt/2n5BG0K by @Nunzioforwork #NotTheOnion 😂 1 day ago
- 9 Best Fried Chicken Restaurants In Toronto bit.ly/2n49D1C been to a few, guess I'll have to add the others to my to-do list 😁 1 day ago
- Today in the theater of the absurd, Bombardier wastes more tax$ in court cuz Metrolinx wants to cancel contract… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Got #StarWars #JellyBelly jellybeans which say they're "Produced with Genetic Engineering"…they're talking about th… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- No More Snapchats With Trudeau’s Stand-In: Global Affairs Bans Use Of Life-Size Cut-Outs Of PM bit.ly/2mLpkJE Thanx Buzz Killington 2 days ago
The Cloud Of Tags