“Made To Share.” That’s Great! Where’s The Mention Of Sites We Should Be Sharing On?
I am sure most Canadians who are reading this blog recognize the logo above. I have taken the actual brand name out but I am aware that most of you will recognize the brand that made these commercials.
The brand name, however, is the only thing I have taken out of this screen shot. As I discussed in my previous post on removing barriers to engagement I have to wonder how it hasn’t occurred to this brand to include some links or information to their social media presences or even their website. Nothing, nada, not a word written. The campaign is called “Made to SHARE” for crying out loud! How has no one suggested to this brand that they actually make things sharable!
Before I go on let me make clear that, yes, I understand the campaign’s point is to encourage people to share the product amongst their friends but the word share has taken on a whole new meaning. As well, the actual ad that prompted this post was based around the idea of a picture of a guy being shared around by his family and friends on different mediums (phones, tablets, and computers) so it is obviously being done via some sort of online sharing even if it is only being done via email (unlikely as that is in this day and age).
This kind of makes me want to bang my head on the wall over and over and I am not an advertising professional. Maybe there is something here I am missing something that is obvious to anyone actually in the business but to me it seems like a massive miss. Not only isn’t any information listed on the advertising spot as shown above, they don’t have a YouTube channel where they can put up for ready access all their “Made to share” advertising spots so people can….wait for it….SHARE THEM!
Why? Please. Tell. Me. Why. It makes absolutely zero sense to me that they wouldn’t be attempting to convert this campaign by encouraging it go viral. Seems like a pretty obvious move to me but, again, maybe I am missing something.
Previously On LNN…
- That's what I like to see, #BlueJays! Donaldson going deep, bringing the rain!!! #OurMoment https://t.co/Aymvs8sajf 13 hours ago
- A new favorite: Markus Schulz - #GDJB World Tour - Nature One 2016 by @markusschulz soundcloud.com/markusschulz/g… on #SoundCloud 1 day ago
- Yes! Let's just hope that's the only kind of rain Donaldson & #BlueJays bring to Toronto tonight 😂😂😂 #OurMoment twitter.com/BlueJays/statu… 1 day ago
- Canada is Cracking Down on Paid Social Media Endorsements canadianbusiness.com/innovation/adv… via @cdnbiz by @peternowak …really just regulating them 1 day ago
- #Imgur Thinks Its Geeky Millennial Male Users Will Actually Love Its New Native Ad Unit bit.ly/2cbq0Za so far, not bad; it's true 1 day ago
- #WhatsApp How To: Choose NOT to share your WhatsApp acct info with #Facebook bit.ly/2cbmnlH #privacy #security #FAQ 1 day ago
- Sound Academy #Toronto Announces New Name & Opening Date bit.ly/2cbkzJL TL;DR new name is @TheRebelComplex & launch is Oct 1 1 day ago
The Cloud Of Tags