TweetDeck For Chrome & The Massive Wasting of Screen Real Estate. Why?
I have been using TweetDeck for Chrome at work for the past bit and this is one thing that just astounds me about the client. I have no idea why this is, I truly don’t.
I would love to know why Twitter (which now owns TweetDeck) decided to do this with their client. The latest version – 1.4 – was last updated April 27, 2012 and I don’t use the in Chrome app all that much preferring, at home, to use the old Adobe AIR client (which was last updated before TweetDeck got bought by Twitter and they switched the format of it to a native app.) As far as I can tell, you can’t even make the columns skinnier so as to fit more of them on the screen (which you can do with the old Adobe AIR version of the app).
When you look in the Chrome Store at the images they show of the app, they show the Mac version which doesn’t seem to suffer from this horrendous waste of space (see above) but at the same time it also doesn’t allow/have more than three columns on a page which is still downright odd.
If you know a work around for this or simply how to remedy the situation please do let me know! (Suggesting I use a different client isn’t what I’m looking for unless it is one which has sprung up to replace the Adobe AIR version of TweetDeck which Twitter has seemingly abandoned). Until then, it seems as if Twitter may be very successful in their apparent goal of driving people into the hands of other third-party API accessing Twitter apps and away from the one they spent a lot of money buying, TweetDeck.
TweetDeck for Chrome Mac image taken from Chrome Web Store.
Previously On LNN…
- Japanese Toilet Industry Agrees To Standardize Complex Bidet Controls (To Aid Confused Foreigners) bit.ly/2jXboLo via @Verge 14 hours ago
- Hooray for new YouTube sharing messenger thingamajigger! Blame Canada! 😁 https://t.co/MfbnpqcpAk 15 hours ago
- Insanity! Wouldn't it be faster to just drive to NYC & back rather than wait in this line? (It'd definitely be more… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- Can someone teach Baby Boomers to TURN OFF their "keyboard click" & "message sent" sounds on their phones? #etiquette #TheStruggleIsReal 18 hours ago
- Anyone I know want me to share the new #YouTube feature? I assume we need to be connected via Google but I'm happy… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- What apps should you have on your phone these days? Reddit has the crowdsourced answers! bit.ly/2jzmYzv Viva La Horde!!!😁 21 hours ago
- World's Biggest Nightclub on #Toronto's Waterfront? Residents Are Worried About Possibility bit.ly/2iJ8Q2G NIMBYism at its finest 🙄 22 hours ago
The Cloud Of Tags