TweetDeck For Chrome & The Massive Wasting of Screen Real Estate. Why?
I have been using TweetDeck for Chrome at work for the past bit and this is one thing that just astounds me about the client. I have no idea why this is, I truly don’t.
I would love to know why Twitter (which now owns TweetDeck) decided to do this with their client. The latest version – 1.4 – was last updated April 27, 2012 and I don’t use the in Chrome app all that much preferring, at home, to use the old Adobe AIR client (which was last updated before TweetDeck got bought by Twitter and they switched the format of it to a native app.) As far as I can tell, you can’t even make the columns skinnier so as to fit more of them on the screen (which you can do with the old Adobe AIR version of the app).
When you look in the Chrome Store at the images they show of the app, they show the Mac version which doesn’t seem to suffer from this horrendous waste of space (see above) but at the same time it also doesn’t allow/have more than three columns on a page which is still downright odd.
If you know a work around for this or simply how to remedy the situation please do let me know! (Suggesting I use a different client isn’t what I’m looking for unless it is one which has sprung up to replace the Adobe AIR version of TweetDeck which Twitter has seemingly abandoned). Until then, it seems as if Twitter may be very successful in their apparent goal of driving people into the hands of other third-party API accessing Twitter apps and away from the one they spent a lot of money buying, TweetDeck.
TweetDeck for Chrome Mac image taken from Chrome Web Store.
Previously On LNN…
- Google’s Latest IM Client, #Allo, Isn’t Ready for Prime Time arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/0… spot on on a lot of points, @arstechnica! 5 hours ago
- RT @laurenonizzle: $40 too far: the real cost of the iPhone 7’s missing headphone jack theverge.com/2016/9/26/1306… via @Verge 9 hours ago
- Love it! twitter.com/Mets/status/78… 9 hours ago
- RT @Reuters: Former Israeli president Shimon Peres in grave condition: media reut.rs/2dhBPIt 10 hours ago
- When 45th President is sworn in Jan 20, 2017 will @BarackObama be obligated to give over @POTUS acct? #Election2016 10 hours ago
- After 1st #debatenight & hearing candidates' #debates I made my decision about who I'm supporting this Nov 😀😁😂… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 12 hours ago
- Can't Fall Asleep? Try Wearing Sunglasses at Night, Say Researchers bit.ly/2cIpz6m via @CBC Corey Hart must be so proud!😂😂😂 13 hours ago
The Cloud Of Tags