Since I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 as part of the Rogers Social Ambassadors group, aka #RogersSI, I’ve been wondering what is the best way for me to get some actual work done on this tablet. After I read Rannie’s review of the Microsoft keyboard I decided to dig out the Kensington Bluetooth keyboard, tablet case, and tablet stand to do just that.
This post is actually this first thing I am writing on the keyboard while I lie on a bed and type up a storm with my keyboard detached from the case (it connects with magnets) and lying on my lap as the screen sits in front of me. The only downside I can see thus far is that the built-in virtual Samsung on-screen keyboard doesn’t know to automatically close when the external Bluetooth keyboard is connected. Luckily, I figured out that if I tell the Note 8.0 that I am going to use the Google Voice input it will give me the full screen with no keyboard.
Using this external Bluetooth keyboard for the tablet increases my productivity a whole bunch. I still have to get used to the size of the keyboard as it is way smaller of a physical keyboard than I am used to. The portability of it is awesome though. If you have a tablet and plan on actually doing any writing on your tablet I highly recommend you grab a physical keyboard because it is an absolute game changer.
The only mild complaint I have with this keyboard is something which can also be seen as a huge plus: the tablet “clips” are 4 pieces of rubber which velcro onto the top of the stand. They do a great job holding the device – any device of a variety of sizes – but it is somewhat of a pain taking your tablet in and out of the clips. As I said, this isn’t a real complaint because this is one of the only ways they could have made this case into a universal case and keep the accessory useful for multiple devices as you continue to switch and upgrade from tablet to tablet over the long haul. One great thing about the clips, though, is that they leave plenty of room for the Galaxy Note 8.0’s S Pen to come in and out of the device, it mostly frees up the space for the speakers on the device, and every other port and button is fully and easily accessible.
Previously On LNN…
- FBI Director James Comey Admits Under Oath That He Hates The New England Patriots foxs.pt/2n5BG0K by @Nunzioforwork #NotTheOnion 😂 19 hours ago
- 9 Best Fried Chicken Restaurants In Toronto bit.ly/2n49D1C been to a few, guess I'll have to add the others to my to-do list 😁 1 day ago
- Today in the theater of the absurd, Bombardier wastes more tax$ in court cuz Metrolinx wants to cancel contract… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Got #StarWars #JellyBelly jellybeans which say they're "Produced with Genetic Engineering"…they're talking about th… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- No More Snapchats With Trudeau’s Stand-In: Global Affairs Bans Use Of Life-Size Cut-Outs Of PM bit.ly/2mLpkJE Thanx Buzz Killington 1 day ago
The Cloud Of Tags