Join Twitter! It Changes Your Personal Life From Good To AWESOMAZING!
This post was inspired by the tweet of @JoelReilly when I was looking for something to blog about last night (and ended up doing the Cromwell & Cruthers review). Joel tweeted that I should “write about how twitter has changed [my] personal life”. So here it is.
(Cue informercial voice)
Hate being bored while waiting for appointments, on your commute, or at family gatherings?
Then you need The Twitter!
The Twitter is a new and awesome tool for social people who want to be social…
…just not with that smelly homeless guy sitting far away from you on the public transit…
…or with your religious fanatic cousin who thinks it’s their life mission to bring you closer to God!
On a more serious note since I joined Twitter, actually since I started really using Twitter, my personal life has definitely changed for the better. Before I really started using Twitter I had my friends who I had built relationships with over the course of my life and who I had always been – and always probably will be – the “social glue” or “group networker” between them. Every year people tell me they only see certain other friends they fell out of touch with at my birthday party. Friends from high school and college turn to me to find out what the people they went to school with are up to because they know if anyone they still speak to know, it is me. Once I got involved in the world of Twitter – specifically the Toronto community – that all changed. No longer was I the one who was the glue amongst a circle of friends, the majority of people on Twitter are networkers too! No longer would I find out about something cool going on in the city and then spend hours looking for someone willing to go out, downtown to check it out.
(Side Note: A lot of my pre-Twitter friends live in Thornhill or even Richmond Hill and getting them to go ‘downtown’ on a weekday takes herculean efforts. Even the ones who live in North York like me are less than likely to come out on a Tuesday)
Once I got into the Twitter community of Toronto I made friends who are do-ers! It’s absolutely amazing! To be clear, when I say do-ers I don’t mean necessarily clubbing I mean just going out and being social and experiencing interesting things that life has to offer. If something cool is going on in the city you can be sure someone of my Twitter friends is going to be at that event or party or location. It is, to say the least, refreshing. You don’t know how many times I have had to have a discussion with my friends about actually going somewhere and doing something as opposed to going “up to Thornhill and chilling at [insert name here]’s place “. Sure, everyone likes down time and of course there are nights when I want to stay in and do nothing but for me more often than not I want to be doing something interesting.
Another aspect, which I haven’t had the chance to explore yet, is now I know interesting people in cities across North America who when I go to those cities it will be a joy to meet or even see again in some cases. Every day I am meeting new and interesting people, even when I am sitting at home doing ‘nothing’ and that to me is awesome.
Thanks to all my friends on Twitter for making my experiences on Twitter amazing. Thanks for helping me see Toronto in new and interesting ways. Thanks for being the awesomazing people you all are. Keep it up!
Previously On LNN…
- RT @stats_canada: 68% of Canadians have peed with skates on 5 hours ago
- Bastille are pretty good 😎…😂 Thanks Apter & Steph! (at @AirCanadaCentre) swarmapp.com/c/iXbezwrBxdP https://t.co/G19oK7QjjO 1 day ago
- FBI Director James Comey Admits Under Oath That He Hates The New England Patriots foxs.pt/2n5BG0K by @Nunzioforwork #NotTheOnion 😂 4 days ago
- 9 Best Fried Chicken Restaurants In Toronto bit.ly/2n49D1C been to a few, guess I'll have to add the others to my to-do list 😁 4 days ago
- Today in the theater of the absurd, Bombardier wastes more tax$ in court cuz Metrolinx wants to cancel contract… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- Got #StarWars #JellyBelly jellybeans which say they're "Produced with Genetic Engineering"…they're talking about th… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- No More Snapchats With Trudeau’s Stand-In: Global Affairs Bans Use Of Life-Size Cut-Outs Of PM bit.ly/2mLpkJE Thanx Buzz Killington 4 days ago
The Cloud Of Tags