The Quotes Quoted By Dr Tom From CBC’s “Being Erica” – Season 2 Edition
Yesterday’s post on blogging and PR companies was pretty heady stuff. Today, I thought we would go a little bit lighter and therefore I am writing today’s post of Being Erica quotes. Finally, the time has come for me to complete this series of Being Erica posts…well complete until the new season (Season 4) starts 9PM in Canada on September 26, 2011 and is available to watch online (in Canada) at http://www.cbc.ca/beingerica/episodes.html (latest episodes) and at http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/Being_Erica/ (all episodes).
However, the beauty is that this time when I watch Being Erica’s new season I will do my utmost to compile the list of Dr Tom’s quotes as they are aired and will be able to post a list of the quotes almost as soon as the season is done.
- You can find my Season One edition of this post here: The Quotes Quoted By Dr Tom From CBC’s “Being Erica” – Season 1 Edition.
- You can find my Season Three edition of this post here: The Quotes Quoted By Dr Tom From CBC’s “Being Erica” – Season 3 Edition.
As I watched this season and looked back upon the previous posts I realized that although this and the other posts are called ‘The Quotes Quoted By Dr Tom From CBC’s “Being Erica”’ but I included a number of quotes that were not actually said by Dr Tom. Maybe I should have named the posts ‘The Quotes Quoted In Being Erica’ but I didn’t and the bulk of the quotes are by Dr Tom.
I also mentioned in my Season 3 post that I noticed a significant drop in the amount of quotes by Dr Tom and I wondered if I would notice a drop between Season 1 and Season 2 and I totally did. I think it has to do with the introduction of a whole bunch of other characters with major parts and the advancement of the plot including the season long arc with Kai Booker, the first fellow ‘patient’ in therapy who Erica meets.
Episode 1 “Being Dr. Tom”
- (Said by Dr Naadiah to Dr Tom) Fear is the mind-killer. – Frank Herbert
- I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but I always end up where I need to be. – Douglas Adams
- (Said by Erica to a young Dr Tom before he became Dr Tom) In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity – Albert Einstein
- When the student is ready the teacher will appear. – Buddhist Proverb
- For everything there is a season and a time. – Ecclesiastes 3:1
Episode 2 “Battle Royale”
- The course of true love never did run smooth – William Shakespeare
- Returning violence with violence only multiplies violence – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Episode 3 “Mama Mia”
- Diaper backward spells repaid. Think about it. – Marshall McLuhan
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, “What? You too? I thought I was the only one.” C.S. Lewis
Episode 4 “Cultural Revolution”
- It doesn’t work to leap a twenty-foot chasm in two ten-foot jumps. – American Proverb
Episode 5 “Yes We Can”
- Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. – Albert Camus
- To succeed in life you need two things: ignorance and confidence. – Mark Twain
- Everything has a consequence. Every action has a reaction. – Isaac Newton (paraphrased)
Episode 6 “Shhh… Don’t Tell”
- There is no shame in not knowing. The shame lies in not finding out. – Russian Proverb
Episode 7 “The Unkindest Cut”
~ No Dr Tom Quotes ~
Episode 8 “Under My Thumb”
- (Said by Dr Fred to Dr Tom) Familiarity breeds contempt. – Aesop
Episode 9 “A River Runs Through It…It Being Egypt”
- All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered. The point is, to discover them. – Galileo Galilei
- Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t going away. – Elvis Presley
- The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. – British Prime Minister Winston Churchill
Episode 10 “Papa Can You Hear Me?”
- Act the way you want to be and soon you’ll be the way you act. – Bob Dylan
Episode 11 “What Goes Up Must Come Down”
Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. – Coco Chanel
- (Julianne Giacomelli to Erica) When the Lord closes a door he opens a window. – Mother Superior in “The Sound of Music”
Episode 12 “The Importance of Being Erica”
- Every wall is a door. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire Cat. “Which road do I take?,” she asked. “Where do you want to go?,” was his response. “I don’t know,” answered Alice. “Then,” said the cat, “it doesn’t matter.” – ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’ by Lewis Carroll
- (Erica to Kai Booker) This above all, to thine own self be true. – William Shakespeare
- We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves. – Galileo Galilei
So ends this blog post and wraps up my lists of inspirational quotes quoted by the characters of CBC’s Being Erica – mainly quotes from the Dr Tom character. I look forward to Season 4 – the last season of the show. Again, it begins at 9PM in Canada on September 26, 2011 and is available to watch online (in Canada) at http://www.cbc.ca/beingerica/episodes.html (latest episodes) and at http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/Being_Erica/ (all episodes).
The Being Erica Season 3 cast wallpaper is taken from CBC’s website for the show at http://www.cbc.ca/beingerica/extras.html
The direct link for the wallpaper is available at http://www.cbc.ca/beingerica/images/wallpaper2_1024x768.jpg